Creating a Children's Picture Book: Storyboarding


Those of you that have considered creating a children's picture book will no doubt have given some thought to the process of storyboarding. A storyboard is an important tool during the preparation and planning of a children's picture book and can make a big difference to the flow of the book.

In this video I talk about storyboarding and share my own storyboarding process using my children's picture story book Fairy May as an example. I filmed this video back in February this year but recently it's been getting some good feedback and has even been used by some teachers doing children book projects with their classes, so I thought I'd share it with you here.



Have you got some advice about storyboarding? Please leave a comment below.

blogsignatureWA

2 Comments

  1. I just have one question about storyboarding, is it better to write them all out like you did, or is it better to just do the 32 boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the project. Sometimes just the 32 little boxes is enough. Other times it's helpful to go into more detail and do larger, scale plans.

      Delete

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.