NaPiBoWriWee: A Week of Picture Book Creation

I love creative challenges. I find they help kick-start my motivation and send it into hyper-drive. As a children's book author and illustrator I was jumping for joy when I came across National Picture Book Writing Week AKA NaPiBoWriWee. 

The next NAPIBOWRIWEE will take place May 1-7, 2014

I take part in the idea challenge PiBoIdMo every November and so have hundreds of ideas for books listed. The problem is that I'm usually too busy to turn most of them into anything more. This is why I'm so excited to be taking part in NaPiBoWriWee this year. 

The challenge runs from 1st-7th May and the goal is to write 7 first drafts in 7 days (one a day). They don't have to be perfect but they do need to be a complete story. You can find out more about the challenge and how to take part at http://paulayoo.com/napi/.

Will you be doing NaPiBoWriWee this year? Do you like creative challenges like this one? 

blogsignatureWA

0 Comments

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.