Interview with Danica Winters


When did you know you wanted to be a writer? 
I think I have always wanted be a writer, but it didn’t become a feasible reality until a few years ago.  I had recently been cleared of cancer and found that I what I most desperately wanted was to entertain other people.  I think there is strength in humour and I would like to tap into this and help others.

What genre do you write and why?
I write paranormal romance with an edge.  Everything I write has a dark, suspenseful, and sexy side.  I like to surprise my readers and keep them on the edges of their seats.

Tell us about your latest book.
Ellie Smith, an emotionally stunted dancer, finds more than she bargains for after her human life is taken by the vampire, Master Liam.  Once inside the Vampire’s underground lair, the Keres Den, she meets Ian, an immortal Viking warrior, who is infiltrating the soulless prison.

As Ellie begins her training, she learns that the dark tunnels around her are filled with even darker secrets.  As the truth of her existence come to light, she is faced with a choice—does she let her past dictate her future, or can she begin to feel again?
What marketing methods are you using to promote your book? 
I am a very social network centered person.  Like most modern authors, it is important to stress the fact that we must be active.  I love talking to fans, doing interviews and helping out other authors.  Unless you are an author who is struck by marketing lightening I think being present is imperative for success.

What formats is the book available in?
This novella is in e-book format. 
However, my recently released novel, Curse of the Wolf is available in paperback.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I live and work in Montana and as such, I am a very outdoorsy woman.  I fish and kayak in the summer, log and pick berries in the fall, and sled in the winter.

What advice do you have for other writers?
Follow your heart.  So many people say it, but to succeed you must write the book that is in your heart.  Yes, make it marketable, but write whatever it is you choose.  Push your boundaries and make yourself uncomfortable.  If you do, you will succeed.

Danica Winters
What's the best thing about being a writer?
As a romance author I have the opportunity to surround myself with other romance authors.  These women are amazing.  They are always willing to help out other authors whether it means giving a heads-up about marketing opportunities or beta reading a novel. 

Where can people find out more about you and your writing?
You can find out more about me and my writing on my website:  www.DanicaWinters.net

And I also have another blog where I host paranormal authors and there books.  Which can be found here: http://paranormalromancefanforlife.blogspot.com/

Anything else you'd like to add?
I just want to thank all my new and loyal readers.  You are what keep me writing.
blogsignatureWA

0 Comments

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.