Interview with Ron Burke





When did you know you wanted to be a writer? 
I've been writing stories ever since I learned to read and fell in love with the way the words form images! I didn't think about becoming an author until my Aunt told me in Middle School " you should be a writer."


What genre do you write and why? 
I write any and all genres that pop into my head: poetry, essays, short stories, novels, or even songs. I don't think trying to stick to a script is how the human mind works. At least, not mine.

Tell us about your latest book. 
The title is "JUST chRONicles Thru the Season of Love." This first published work tells the story of a relationship from the flirtation to the declaration of vows. It's told in poetic verses like Sheakespeare did, because it made sense to convey the emotions that way.

What marketing methods are you using to promote your book? A lot of it is word of mouth regarding the work. My publisher put it on the Online sites as well, but the big push is just folks finding out that I'm a new author and inquiring.  Both Facebook (Ron C. Burke) and Twitter(@JustChronicles), as well as the inquires I get at my page at YAHOO (RCBURKE2000@YAHOO.)  Even conversations at the lunch counter are marketing tools.
 
What formats is the book available in?
It's available in all formats. At Kindle, Nook, Amazon, and BarnesandNoble.com. And you can order from the publisher or from my personal website,JUSTCHRONICLES.com.


What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I enjoy eating, LOL. Not really cooking, just the eating. I'm a big kid at heart so i still love to read comic books. I enjoy time with my WIFE AND sons because  family is a vital piece of my well-being.And of course reading. 


Who are your favorite authors?
My list is huge! I have most everything Stephen King and James Patterson have written. Valerie Wilson Wesley, Walter Moseley, Dean Koontz, John Grisham, Terri McMillian, alot of folks. I enjoyed Sista Souljah's "The Coldest Winter...", and still read Poe and Langston Hughes.


What advice do you have for other writers?
If it's in you, keep writing!  No matter what life has in store for you, if your heart  and soul want it, don't stop!
 
What's your favorite quote about writing/for writers?  
 " How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live. "~Henry David Thoreau, Journal, 19 August 1851

What's the best thing about being a writer?   
Being able to let your mind run! Not caring where it goes, how long it's gone, or what images it conveys! The freedom to sorta "control" everything that happens in "your" world, for a time-span!

Where can people find out more about you and your writing?    
My website, JUSTCHRONICLES.com has a lot (not all) of my personal information. Everything from new releases, books in the works, to appearances to ordering info.

Anything else you'd like to add?   
To me, writing is something that stays in your blood. It's as easy for me to form an image as it is for some to ride a bike. If you're looking to get into it, DO IT!

1 Comments

  1. Word of mouth is the best kind of marketing you can get ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.