20 Things I love about writing

Inspired by all the messages of love I've seen everywhere this week I thought I'd try a little writing related exercise. A quick list of the things I love about writing. The reason behind this exercise is to get a better perspective of why I write and what my writing goals are.

Try it out for yourself. List the first 20 things that come to mind when you think about why you love to write.

Here's my list:

  1. expressing myself
  2. learning more about myself
  3. building a reputation
  4. earn money
  5. being successful
  6. inspiring myself
  7. inspiring others
  8. freedom
  9. feeling connected with others
  10. honing my skills
  11. allowing people to know me
  12. helping people
  13. therapy
  14. leaving my mark on the world
  15. lets me be someone else
  16. knowledge
  17. self employed
  18. work from any where
  19. flexible hours
  20. being 100% me

Don't think about it too much. Just write the first things that come to mind. Should only take you about 10 minutes tops but will give you a better understanding of why you write and therefore help give direction to your writing career.

4 Comments

  1. I started writing because it kept me from being bored! lolol

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many reasons to love writing! You have a very nice list. I have to say mine is similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha Virginia :) a good a reason as any to get started. What keeps you going though?

    Thanks Melissa. I guess the list will be similar for most writers. It's nice to know we're not alone though. It's comforting to know other writers are out there feeling the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was
    wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?

    I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and
    I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
    Also visit my blog post - cheap SEO

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.