Interview with Robin Rosenberg

  • What made you want to be a writer?
Ironically, I do not identify myself as a writer, despite the fact that I’ve recently published a book. I am a mother… of a beautiful three year old girl named Brooke. The role of mommy has had a very profound impact on me as a person and the type of person I want my child to be. I am consumed with making sure that she is equipped with whatever it takes for her to lead a successful and happy life, despite the challenges that life may send her way. It was in that spirit that I wrote Brookie Cookie Bookie.
  • What genre do you write and why?
I've recently published a children's book. I didn't intentionally set out to be a children's book author. It evolved as I became more immersed in being a mother.
  • Tell us a bit about your latest book.
I’ve recently published a children’s book titled Brookie Cookie Bookie. It’s about friendship, acceptance and celebrating our differences. The book is told through the voice of my daughter and each page is a poem that enables children to discover the differences that make them unique, as well as the common ground that they share. Ultimately, the goal is for children to understand that we are more alike than we are different. My dream would be for parents, caregivers and educators to use this book as a tool to ignite the conversation about acceptance with our toddlers.
  • Who did the illustrations for the book?
My daughter Brooke, (age 3) and her friends and cousins did the illustrations. The book is told from Brooke's voice, so I thought the illustrations would be most effective if they were done by children rather than a professional illustrator.
  • Who is your publisher and why did you choose them?
I published Brookie Cookie Bookie through Create Space, which is a division of Amazon. Create Space is a self-publishing company.
  • Where can people find out more about you and your writing?
For more information, a detailed description or to purchase, you can check out my website at www.brookiecookiebookie.org.
  • Anything else you'd like to add?
A portion of the proceeds from the sales of Brookie Cookie Bookie will be donated to charities that assist children and families facing a wide variety of adversity.

0 Comments

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.