Interview with Marian Thomas


What do you like most about being a writer?
I did an interview a few months back and one of the author's that went on before me stayed to listen to my interview. She told that it was important to think of oneself as a storyteller. Being a writer helps to accomplish this. It allows one to see the power that a written page can have not just on the person doing the writing but the reader as well.
Who is your favorite character from the book and why?
My favorite character is Misty because she represents what I call the “revolving door” type of friend. We all have friends that come in and out of our lives and then one day we finally realize that we need to look the door and throw away the key.

Tell us about your latest book?
My debut title is Color Me Jazzmyne, I am so proud of it and it brings me many smiles to know that readers enjoy it. Here's is what I would call a blurb about the book that helps to get a 360 degree overview of the contents within.
Book Blurb:
How do you tell your son that your father is his? That is the question that Naya Monà must answer as she confronts a son she hasn’t seen since birth. Filled with a jazz singer’s heart, a flair or Rhythm and a hint of Blues, the drama in her life unveils as she is forced to go back into her past. Back to the time when her father’s touch is no longer innocent, her friends aren’t whom they appear to be and the love of her life is nothing more than a perfectly polished pair of black leather shoes.
Where can people go to find out about you and your work?
The best place is my website. It’s: www.marianlthomas.com .
Color Me Jazzmyne can be purchased on the following online retail websites as well:

How do you market your book online?
Marketing is like food for the body, meaning that it is essential and a must if you want your book, your story and your journey to authorship to continue or get started for that matter. I use a variety of marketing avenues that include social media marketing, blog marketing, website marketing, book blast focus day, direct email blasts and online resources that help me to find and directly target book clubs and reader groups.

Are you currently working on another book? Tell us about it.
Oh yes, although I admit I am not as far into it as I should be. It's called My Father's Colors and it goes into the roots of Jonathan, the father of Naya Monà.

Anything else you’d like to add?
Thank you so much for having me as a guest. Your blog gives authors an opportunity to let readers know they exist and why they have a story that is worth reading about.

1 Comments

  1. Thank you so much Writers & Authors for having me as a guest!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.