Interview with Cynthia Vespia

What genre do you write and why?
I do mostly thrillers. I like to write real-life situations that you could possibly find yourself in but hope to God you never do. It's the everyday with a twist. I've also been known to turn out a few fantasy novels. I read alot and those are the two genres I enjoy most so it lends itself to what I'm writing.

Tell us a bit about your latest book.
My latest release is called Demon Hunter: Seek & Destroy. It is the second in a series I like to call a "trilogy of terror." As the newest demon hunter, Costa Calabrese has alot to contend with when the portal to hell opens up in his backyard. Aided by his constant companions, Talisa and Paralay, they must face evil in many forms.

What inspired you to write this book?
I was inspired to write the series of Demon Hunter from the growing interest in all things vampire. I thought what if you took not only vampires but also add in werewolves, demons, dragons, and everything else paranormal and stick them into one book? Well, that one book exploded into three because one just couldn't contain all the many stages of hell I had these characters go through.

What are your marketing strategies?

I'm very active with marketing. I have my own website with a blog I update regularly. I'm a part of the growing social networks like Facebook and Twitter. I also make the rounds doing alot of interviews, chats, and guest appearances. I love getting feedback from my readers. It's one of the greatest accomplishments as a writer to know you've led someone on a little adventure that they enjoyed...it means you did your job well.

Do you have any tips for new writers wanting to enter this writing genre?
Do your research and come up with something original. For instance don't try to clone Twilight because it's popular. That particular series of books came out in a big way because they were original, now everyone under the sun is doing the same thing. What happens is the genre gets burn out because its flooded with all the same stories. Make your work stand out. Write what you're compelled to write, NOT what you think will sell.

What is the best and worst thing about being a writer?
The best thing about writing is creating memorable characters. I absolutely LOVE that part of it to a degree that these people are REAL to me. They never actually go away even when the story is done. The worst part is the "lonely work" that no one ever sees in the process of getting the manuscript to the public. There is rewrites, editing, marketing, selling. Alot of energy expended on administrative tasks. It's difficult but a necessary evil.

Where can people find out more about you and your work?
Visit me on my website www.CynthiaVespia.com or my blog www.Cynsights.Blogspot.com
You can also follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/cynfulcharm

Anything else you’d like to add?
The trailer for Demon Hunter: Seek & Destroy is currently running in a contest. I invite you all to view it and cast your vote. I'm proud to say that no professional design site were harmed in the making of the trailer...I made it myself.
Thank you for the support.

0 Comments

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.