Interview with Evie Alexis

When did you first feel like you had become a writer?
I feel as if I finally arrived on the writing scene with the debut of my first novel, The Obsessive, Compulsive Romance Novelist published by Stonehedge.
What genre do you write and why?
I'm a chick-lit, woman's fiction writer, but romance creeps its way in there.
Tell us a bit about your latest book?
My latest release, Obsessive, Compulsive and Published is the sequel to my debut novel following the life of would-be romance novelist Erika Seals, who suffers from the illness. The combination of creativity and paranoia lead to a series of disastrous, though humorous events for the heroine as she continues with her struggle to achieve that relative state of "normalcy".

What are some of the challenges you faced whilst writing this book?
My biggest challenge was writing "the call", the scene where Erika receives word of acceptance from an agent. I have yet to work directly with agents, and had to interview some authors as to how some might come across. The agent in this novel is perspicacious to say the least.

What advice do you have for new writers?
Just keep at it. Write what you love and continue to write. Sometimes you feel as if its not worth it, and as if your work is not appreciated, but things eventually do fall into place.
Where can people find out more about you and your writing?
I have a few sites out there. My official one is eviealexis.com, and I blog at eviealextheobsessivewriter.blogspot.com. My other blog is dedicated to highlighting other authors and their works.

Anything else you'd like to add?
Only a sincere thank you for taking the time to conduct this interview.

1 Comments

  1. I completely forgot about this interview, LOL. We started school again, so my days have been jam-packed. Thank you so much for taking the time to post. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.