Interview with Hadena James

What genre do you write and why?
I write in both fantasy and crime thriller genres.  These are the two genres I read the most, so it seems fitting that I write in them.

Who are your favourite authors?
HP Lovecraft, Ray Bradbury, and Jack Kilborn (a.k.a. J.A. Konrath)

What's your favourite quote about writing/for writers?
My college creative writing professor once said “If you don’t have anything to write about, turn off your brain and let your imagination work.”  I always think about that when I get stuck on something I’m writing.

What's the best thing about being a writer?
I get to work in my pajamas.  It’s such a simple thing, but I like to write deep into the night, so I just put on my pajamas whenever I decide I’m going to start and then I’m ready for bed when I finish.  Of course, being my own boss, setting my own hours, and interacting with readers, are all close seconds.

Who is you favorite character in your book and why?
My favorite character in this book is Levi.  He is always full of surprises, despite being a minor character.

How long did it take you to write your book?
I wrote Dark Cotillion in just under six weeks.  Oddly, it’s the longest of the four books and took me the least amount of time to write.

Where can a reader purchase your book?
Print copies are available through Amazon, B&N, and CreateSpace.  Ebooks are available at all major retailers and the ebook is always free.
                                                       
What is your work in progress? Tell us about it.
I’ve completed the Strachan Series, there are four total, but I am currently working on a spin-off trilogy that follows the lives of 2 very minor characters from the Strachan Series.

Hadena James
Does your family support you in your writing career? How?
My family definitely supports my writing career.  Not only do they read my books, but they tell others about them and they tell others exactly what they liked and didn’t like.  They aren’t just telling people they should buy my book, but explaining why.  There’s no better recommendation in my opinion.  Also, they deal with my kookie behavior and weird writing hours.  For example, I recently sent my husband a text message asking him if a Sawzall would go through the femur.  He told me yes before he asked why.  To most, this would be a weird question, but he took it in stride.

When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?
My husband and I are big into playing steel-tip darts.  I play in two leagues as well as serving as a board member for my local league.  We travel for tournaments, which I love, because I love to travel anyway.  My parents-in-law own a campground at Mark Twain Lake near Monroe City, Missouri and from April to November, I can be found there if I’m not at a dart tournament.  Also, like every other writer on the planet, I’m a voracious reader.  I try to read 5 books a month, most months I read more.




GIVING AWAY: Hadena will be awarding a $25 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour, and a $25 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn host. So I encourage you to follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here: 




blogsignatureWA
                                                                                                                                   

3 Comments

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.