Interview with Yvette L. Allen-Tatum

Tell us about your latest book.

I Didn't Know - Identifying, Confronting & Overcoming Child Sexual Abuse - the title is indicative of the subject matter.  In this book the author brings to the forefront the many faces of child sexual abuse; those of the victims and the abusers.  Yvette Allen-Tatum boldly confronts her past of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) to demonstrate that TRUE deliverance is possible.  Yvette believes that we ALL (victims, abusers, enablers, nay-sayers, etc.) can OVERCOME the horrible effects of child sexual abuse.
This book proves that true healing is possible and necessary for us to become more than CONQUERORS through Christ Jesus. 
As a community, we have to:
§        Identify Child Sexual Abuse –
o       We have to talk about it (raise public awareness)
o       Know the signs & symptoms
§        Confront Child Sexual Abuse –
o       Error on the side of caution – THE CHILD
o       Be quick to BELIEVE the victim and make all necessary inquiries
o       Studies show people are more apt to believe the innocence of the accused; this has to END
§        Overcome Child Sexual Abuse –
o       We overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and the     WORD of OUR TESTIMONY

What formats is the book available in?

The book is available in paperback and Kindle.

Who are your favourite authors?

BeBe Moore Campbell, Maya Angelou, Joyce Meyer, and Juanita Bynum

What's the best thing about being a writer?

What I love the most about being an author is the creative freedom that I have.  Although both of my books are autobiographical in nature, I love being able to tell my story the way that I want to tell it! I hope I give people an opportunity to see my life – live my life from my point of view.

Where can people find out more about you and your writing?

Contact information:
www.yvetteallentatum.com
surroundedbyfaith.org
https://www.facebook.com/yvette.tatum
https://www.facebook.com/SBF.yvetteallentatum
https://www.facebook.com/IDK.yvetteallentatum

How long did it take you to write your book?

I actually wrote by book over/during a weekend, but it took an additional three to four months to complete the research necessary to validate my claims.

Who designed the cover?

The cover design was actually a collaborative effort between my publisher, myself and my oldest daughter.  I provided the concept, my daughter gave me the idea of the withered rose, and my publisher provided the vision to the designer, John Price.

Where can a reader purchase your book?

I Didn’t Know: Identifying, Confronting, and Overcoming Child Sexual Abuse is available at all online retail outlets (Amazon, Barnes-and-Noble, Books-A-Million, etc.,) as well as my personal websites www.surroundedbyfaith.org and www.yvetteallentatum.com
                                                      
What are you doing to market the book? 

In addition to the virtual book tour, this is my second, I have public speaking engagements, host events, conduct email blasts, Facebook promotions, Twitter posts, and word of mouth. 

Yvette L. Allen-Tatum, Writers and Authors
Yvette L. Allen-Tatum
Who or what inspired you to become a writer?

I’m really not sure what or who inspired me to become a writer.  I have always written in some form or fashion nearly all my life.  Most of my early writings probably came from my day-dreams and then just writing down what I dreamed about.  From there I picked up journaling and began to write-down different things that I believed God was speaking to me through visions and/or Scripture. 

When I started writing plays for my Church, specifically for the Children’s Church program, was when I actually began to believe my writings were for more than an audience of me.  During those days, most of those stories came from my personal experiences while going through a divorce.
I guess the short answer is that I have always believed that I had a story to tell.

When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?

When I’m not writing I’m busy working on every other project I have in the hopper, whether it’s hosting an event, speaking engagements, or simply working as I am not a full-time writer.  I enjoy travelling, going to the movies and broadway musicals.  I also enjoy a good afternoon nap, which do not seem to come that often.

blogsignatureWA

0 Comments

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.