Interview with Tanya Yvonne


When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
Wow, um I always wanted to write just not novels.  I originally set out to be a songwriter.  Obviously, that didn’t pan out.  And I’m glad because I love, love what I am doing now.   

What genre do you write and why?  
I write YA because I love its hurried pace.  For my characters, it is that tricky time where you step away from the child version of yourself and commence the deep plunge into adulthood.  

Tell us about your latest book.  
The novel I just completed is, Violet Eyes.  The violet eyed genie called Azhar delights in burning the flesh from the hands of humans.  He needs his human master to speak a phrase that would unchain him from his bottle.  Here is an excerpt: Azhar is Violet Eyes  

Who are your favorite authors?  
I am really into the whole vampire genre right now.  The wickeder the better, so Charlaine Harris and Anne Rice for the time being.      

What advice do you have for other writers?  
Decide what your brand is and stay true to it.  Share your writing with someone who does not love you and have them tell you what they really think.  No matter what the opinion thank them and keep writing.            

What is the best thing about being a writer?  
For a time I get to get lost in a world created by me.  

Where can people find out more about you and your writing?
I am on Twitter.  I don’t auto follow because an endless stream of feed makes my head spin but I often retweet.  It’s my way of letting followers know I see them and appreciate their support.  I also have a Facebook page and I blog at: TanyaYvonne.blogspot.com where I try to respond to all comments.     

Anything else you would like to add? 
Happy reading, writing or whatever:-)

blogsignatureWA
                                                                                                            

3 Comments

  1. When will her book come out?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon, but my new short story "Burn" will be here even sooner.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.