Interview with Helga Zeiner



When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
It’s so far back, I can’t even remember – hope that doesn’t age me too much! But seriously, writing has always, always been part of my life, even way back, when I did my first simple school essay or a poem for mother’s day.

What genre do you write and why?
Suspense. Mystery & Thriller. I write to entertain. I want to take my readers on a journey into an exciting and unknown territory. I want them to totally connect with the story and feel upset when they have finished the last page.

Tell us about your latest book.
It is a psychological thriller. One day, I was zapping through the channels and got stuck on ‘Toddlers & Tiaras’. Not having children myself, I started to ask myself: ‘why do mothers do this’, and: ‘how does a young girl feel once she has outgrown participation in such contests’. Those two questions lead me into the world of child pageantry. In the course of my research, I was lucky enough to meet a renowned adolescent forensic psychiatrist who guided me through the story and opened many doors for me.

What marketing methods are you using to promote your book?
All forms of social media, my website, you wonderful bloggers! 

What formats is the book available in?
It has been published as eBook in May of the year. By September the printed version will follow.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Reading, of course, jogging, walking, swimming, snow-shoeing (yes, seriously, where I live, we can do this all winter)

Who are your favourite authors?
Stephen King (forever!), Gillian Flynn (currently), Nicholas Sparks (sometimes), Jodi Picoult (rarely), Chris Bohjalian (always)

What advice do you have for other writers?
Have fun with it.

What's the best thing about being a writer?
That I can do it everywhere. I travel a lot and it doesn’t matter where I am, my characters are with me.

Anything else you'd like to add?
Thank you for this interview – and a big hug to all my readers out there.



  blogsignatureWA

1 Comments

  1. I enjoyed this interview, especially since I read this title and enjoyed it. Thank you for the opportunity of knowing Ms. Zeiner a bit better.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.