Finding Inspiration: How I got the idea for my book


I have a grandchild who I adore and love with all of my heart.  She is a joy, very inquisitive and bright.  She has been going to church with my husband and me since she was born. One day, I was praying about my next project and telling God I wanted to write a children’s book to leave as a legacy for my granddaughter, Kamia.  I didn’t want just any story but a story that honored the God; I serve which would uniquely evangelize to her and all children of the world regarding the multitude of reasons as to why God is real.   I also wanted a book which would remind adults about the everyday things we take for granted that He has created. We as a society are inundated with just living life and often forget that an old tree, green grass or a bird flying are all beautiful creations designed by God. I wanted to convey through my writing a thought provoking fun story which had great illustrations and simplistic teachings. Thus my book was imparted into my spirit.

As Christians our faith is increased by attending Sunday school, church and reading the Bible. These are instrumental tools in aiding us with continually building a strong deep rooted foundation in our Christian walk and our relationship with or Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. However, at a young age it is often hard to decipher. I wrote Grandma, how do you know God is real? to help children obtain another point of view regarding our God and to unite those who read it by rejoicing over His many blessings.

Lorita Kelsey Childress lives with her husband David, in Northern CA.  She has three daughters and a granddaughter. Lorita’s first novel The Turning Point of Lila Louise was published in May 2010. December 2012, she published her first children’s book titled, Grandma, how do you know God is real? She is a member of Sistahs on the Reading Edge book club. Lorita’s work is featured in Gumbo for the Soul; The Recipe for Literacy in the Black Community and Gumbo for the Soul; Women of Honor Special Pink Edition. Her latest work is featured in Suspect; A Confessional Anthology.  Her poem Our History is Rich was featured in the January/March 2010 edition of Kontagious Magazine.  She is currently working on her second novel.

Visit the Author on line at:

Author website:   www.loritawrites4u.com



0 Comments

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.