Writing To Me Is…


Writing has become a therapeutic way for me to reflect back on my thoughts and rethink the world around me. Aside from being an author, I work full time as a corporate salesperson. Many times I am on the road for days at a time, and I don’t get much time for rest and relaxation. I spend ample hours treating clients to late dinners, traveling from various hotels to the airport, and preparing presentations for meetings that land us a few million dollars’ worth of business. Although I enjoy my job, I always welcome a relaxing escape from it.

Taking time out of my day to write allows me to disconnect for a few minutes (or sometimes hours) from my normal routine. I get to lose myself in some of the most interesting subjects where I can create a detailed account of my imagination on paper. Once my book came to fruition, it was astounding to receive feedback on it. I never imagined publishing material that other people would read and enjoy. I remember the first (and many of the following) reviews that I received on my book. I was simply thrilled to think that someone actually read the book and had something to say about it. It was an adrenaline rush like I got from skydiving the first time. I was so excited.

Writing can have that effect on people. It’s not just words on a page, it is much more than that. I know for everyone it is different, but for me it is an experience in itself. I am taken into a different mindset and I enjoy every minute of it.

Guest post by Kersten L. Kelly, a self-published author of narrative non-fiction and semi-fiction books. She grew up in Munster, Indiana, and currently works in a sales role based out of Chicago, Illinois. She started writing at an early age and graduated from Indiana University with a dual Bachelor's Degree in Economics and Communication & Culture. She then went on to earn a Master's in Business Administration from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. She has a passion for learning, teaching, and writing as well as international travel in her spare time. 

0 Comments

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.