Interview with Lisa A. Baeringer


When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I first realized I wanted to be a writer when I was in high school.  Even though I always had an enormous amount of imagination and creativity as a child, I discovered I wanted to write when I started my English Lit. class in high school.

What genre do you write and why?
Right now I am working on an autobiography.  I decided on this genre because I find it therapeutic as well as an important message to convey to the world.

Tell us about your latest book?
The book I am working on now is titled, I Bet You Didn't Think MS Could Look This Good.  I wanted to break the misconceptions of people having MS.  Normally when we hear about MS we think of a person living in a wheelchair.  I know I did when I was first diagnosed.  Sometimes I still do.  But MS is so different in people that a normal stereotype can not be labelled to it.  I wanted to write about my daily battles with MS along with my everyday life as a mother and wife.  I wanted to target the "common people" who are living with a chronic illness and face so many hardships.  I wanted to give them a voice.

What marketing methods are you using to promote your book?
I am using LinkedIn, my own website/blog, amazon preview page, book trailer on youtube, a professional facebook page, spannet, and doing some freelance article writing on articlebase to get my name more well known.

What formats is the book available in?
When it is released, the book will be available in paperback and most likely ebook version.

Where can people find out more about you and your work?
Website:  http://imakemslookgood.weebly.com (for all links to my various media sites)

blogsignatureWA


0 Comments

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.