Interview with Kate Mueller


When did you know you wanted to be a writer? 
I wanted to be a writer when I discovered creative writing in the second grade. I fell in love with the idea of stories I could create. 
What genre do you write and why? 
I am currently just getting my foot wet in the writing world and I write children's books. I have been a stay at home mom for the past 7 years and I am writing about what I know.
Tell us about your latest book. 
My book is called 'Bella's Birthday Surprise' and it is a true story about my daughters first birthday party and the surprise that changed all of our lives forever.
What marketing methods are you using to promote your book? 
My book is on Amazon and several other book selling sites, it is also on a few store shelves. I am using Facebook, Twitter and other media outlets to help me get the word out as well as my books website www.bellasbirthdaysurprise.badaart.com. I have had the opportunity to speak at several school and have done book signings and I did a press release in my surrounding area.
What formats is the book available in? 
The book is available in paperback or Kindle. It is also an Interactive App at the Apple App Store for iPad, iPhone and iPod.
What do you like to do when you're not writing? 
I enjoy being with my family most of all, I also like traveling and cooking. 
Who are your favourite authors? 
I really enjoy reading books by Dee Henderson and Karen Kingsbury. 
What advice do you have for other writers? 
The advice I have to share is something I have learned the hard way. Try not to get discouraged if the world isn't as excited about your book as you are. Keep trying, don't be afraid to put your self out there. If you don't keep pushing you will fail for sure, so in the words of Dory from Nemo "just keep swimming."  :)
Kate Mueller
What's your favourite quote about writing/for writers? 
Writing free verse is like playing tennis with the net down.  Robert Frost
What's the best thing about being a writer? 
Being a writer I enjoy leaving my mark on the world. Long after I am gone my book and hopefully someday my books will still be around. I have really been blessed by having so many mothers tell me that 'Bella's Birthday Surprise' is their child's favorite bedtime story or that their child loves to paint the illustrations or put the puzzles together on the App. I like to make people happy and this has been a great way to do that.
Where can people find out more about you and your writing? 
I have a website www.bellasbirthdaysurprise.badaart.com that I try to keep current with all the information about my writing and book signings. I also have a Facebook page that is updated daily.  https://www.facebook.com/bellasbirthdaysurprise
Anything else you'd like to add? 
I enjoy meeting people, feel free to drop me a note on my books facebook page. 
blogsignatureWA

0 Comments

I love to hear from you. So feel free to comment, but keep in mind the basics of blog etiquette — no spam, no profanity, no slander, etc.

Thanks for being an active part of the Writers and Authors community.