How to get more people to notice your Facebook page
So you've decided on the type of Facebook fan page you want and have set it up. Now you need people to notice it. Creating a large and active community for your Facebook page isn't an easy task and usually takes quite a while to build. Here's a few tips to get people to notice your page:
- Personalise your page for a professional look. Add a Timeline cover image, make sure your description is filled out in the 'About' box and add page tabs with personalised images.
- Post everyday if you can.
- Post content that is likely to go viral. The more people share your posts the more people will find out about your page. Images are content gold! Post some pictures for high impact. Quotes tend to go down well too. Just make sure you stay on topic. All content must be relevant to the page.
- Share the page link everywhere you can. Post it to your website and other social media profiles encouraging people to drop by.
- Interlink your social media profiles. If you have a blog, set it to automatically post to your page and then link your page to your twitter account so it posts there too. If your twitter account is also feed to other networks like LinkedIn, Myspace etc... each one then feeds back to the others helping increase traffic. This one thing saves loads of time as you just need to update your blog for it to post to all your accounts.
- Use the' invite' feature to let your contacts know about your page and ask for a like.
- Interact with people on your page. Encourage them to post to your wall and ask questions.
- Highlight a fan of the week to show appreciation to active page users.
How are you getting people to notice your Facebook Page?