Script Frenzy is the other global writing escapade we put on every year. The goal: writing a 100-page script in 30 days. Partnering is encouraged. All kinds of scripts are allowed, including adaptations of your NaNoWriMo novel! The t-shirts are stunning! No experience is necessary! Script Frenzy's Writer's Resources page will teach you everything you need to know before you begin.
I think you're going to love it.
If you're a parent with concerns about abandoning your family for a month, fear not. Your children will be penning their own movies or plays right alongside you (when they're not making you dinner and giving you wrist massages, of course). Script Frenzy's Young Writers Program will transport your kid or teen from FADE IN to the closing credits in 30 days.
We're expecting 20,000 people to write with us this year. We'd love to have you on board. Come on by and give our plot machine a whirl! www.scriptfrenzy.org
I'll see you in the Frenzy!"
What is Script Frenzy?Script Frenzy is an international writing event in which participants take on the challenge of writing 100 pages of scripted material in the month of April. As part of a donation-funded nonprofit, Script Frenzy charges no fee to participate; there are also no valuable prizes awarded or "best" scripts singled out. Every writer who completes the goal of 100 pages is victorious and awe-inspiring and will receive a handsome Script Frenzy Winner's Certificate and web icon proclaiming this fact.
Even those who fall short of the word goal will be applauded for making a heroic attempt. Really, you have nothing to lose—except that nagging feeling that there's a script inside you that may never get out.
Who: You and everyone you know. No experience required.
What: 100 pages of original scripted material in 30 days. (Screenplays, stage plays, TV shows, short films, and graphic novels are all welcome.)
When: April 1 - 30. Every year. Mark your calendars.
Where: Online and in person (if you want!). Hang out in the forums, join your fellow participants at write-ins, and make friends by adding writing buddies online.
Why: Because you have a story to tell. Because you want a creative challenge. Because you’ll be disappointed if you missed out on the adventure. Because you need to make time for you.
How: Sign up. Tell everyone that you are in the Frenzy. Clear your calendar. (US participants: Get your taxes done now!) Start some wrist exercises. Have fun!
The 5 Basic Rules of Script Frenzy
- 1) To be crowned an official Script Frenzy winner, you must write a script (or multiple scripts) of at least 100 total pages and verify this tally on ScriptFrenzy.org.
- 2) You may write individually or with a partner. Writing teams will have a 100-page total goal for their co-written script or scripts.
- 3) Script writing may begin no earlier than 12:00:01 AM on April 1 and must cease no later than 11:59:59 PM on April 30, local time.
- 4) You may write screenplays, stage plays, TV shows, short films, comic book and graphic novel scripts, adaptations of novels, or any other type of script your heart desires.
- 5) You must, at some point, have ridiculous amounts of fun.